by Christen White, director of administration
Calling all Fairmount Neighborhood Association lovers. It’s time to show everyone how much you love your neighborhood by filling one of our upcoming board vacancies. This year’s elections will include directors of membership, promotions, infrastructure, administration and president. Board positions are elected on alternating years and service for a 2-year term. Here’s a little information on what each of these positions is responsible for:
- President – (currently held by Steve) presides at all meetings of the Association & Board; appoints chairs of and monitors the action of committees; oversee activities of Board; be official spokesperson for Association; prepare written agenda for all meetings.
- Director of Membership – (currently held by Kathie) keep an accurate membership roster; responsible for generating new members & communicating with new residents; arrange general membership meeting programs.
- Director of Promotion – (currently held by Brandon) oversee annual Home Tour; responsible for training assistant; promote development in neighborhood; oversee social chairs & Association socials.
- Director of Infrastructure– (currently held by Patrick) oversee neighborhood public works (streets, parks, transportation) & beautification; act as liaison with code enforcement; oversee Fairmount Park and greenspace on Allen.
- Director of Administration - (currently held by Christen) keep all minutes of meetings of general membership & board; ensure meetings are conducted in accordance with proper procedure; prepare & maintain copies of all correspondence of the Association.
How can you help? Volunteer to serve on the nominating committee, which will meet approximately twice between now and August. The goal of the committee is to have no less than 1 person selected for each position by the August election. Or if you are interested in filling one of the open positions (or know someone who is), please let any current board member know.
Interested parties can email Christen White at firstname.lastname@example.org