Board Meeting Minutes - 10/07/2013
Calendar of Events
October 11 – Friday on the Green
October 12 – Pop-up Market (Magnolia Green), 10-4
Fall Plant Sale (Botanic Garden), 9-2
Bond Package 2014 Town Hall Meeting, 9-11
Arts Goggle, 4-10
October 17 – Neighborhood Social, Old Home Supply, 6-8
October 22 – General Membership Meeting – FWISD presenting, voting on newsletter delivery change, membership dues; deadline for www.ReTreeFairmount.com and presentation of finance audit
November 2 – Chili on the Green Cookoff (Magnolia Green)
November 2/3 – Japanese Garden Fall Festival (Botanic Garden)
November 4 – November Board Meeting
November 10 – Open Streets, 12-4
November 21 – Neighborhood Social, Rosenhouse Inn, 6-8
November 28 – Thanksgiving
December 14 – Santa in the Park, time TBD
Christmas Party Date - TBD
Board Minutes – October 7, 2013; 7:00pm
In Attendance: All Directors; Ex-officio, Patti Randle; Community Garden representative, Denise Meirkle
· Moving the association general meetings from the 4th Tuesday to the 4th Monday. Conflicts currently with the school board. Sending out Survey Monkey to our constant contact list to get a general idea of what the membership thinks. Will bring up for a vote based off response.
· Green Space on Allen – will be seeking free quotes for repairing the sprinkler system.
· Bond Package – based off information at recent town halls, they have updated the streets to include Henderson & Lilac. If we do get Allen/College added to the list, based off the cities information any street that is already a bike route would get dedicated bike lanes.
1. Director of Infrastructure – Patrick Coddou
a. ReTreeFairmount.com is a success! 28 people are currently signed up, which is over half. Deadline is next general membership meeting, October 22.
b. Bond Package updates – last town hall for district 9, Saturday, October 12 (9-11) at Greenbriar Community Center, 5200 Hemphill St, 76115.
2. Director of Promotions – Brandon Garrett
a. Arts Goggle is this coming Saturday, still in need of volunteers, but feel prepared. DeZavala should be providing art from the school.
b. Open Streets is November 10 – will start collecting volunteers after Arts Goggle. Going to try and get 3 bikes donated to raffle off to the 3 schools.
c. Santa in the Park (with pancakes) – December 14, time is still pending, but around our normal time 9-11 or so.
d. Working on Christmas Party (will be our next board meeting topic). Moving to Saturday v. Sunday and will have babysitting.
3. Director of Communication – Jane Kucko
a. Gave presentation on making newsletter change. Showed what we are doing currently vs. what we could be doing. Gave a proposal:
i. Move to electronic newsletter delivery (think blog)
ii. Provide quarterly print version (this would include our two neighborhood-wide color – May and December/January)
iii. Will be making same presentation at next general membership meeting to bring to a vote, would take effect for the February newsletter.
4. Director of Finance – Barb Hines
a. FNA Bank Balance - $65,102.00
b. Community Garden Bank Balance: $1,699.00
c. Overdue for our yearly audit – established committee: Sean Lynch (previous president), Steve Halliday (current president), Barb, Patti Randle (member in good standing) & Jane Kucko (board member). The results of the audit will be presented at next meeting.
i. Motion to approve – Janet White; Second – Martin Dahl
5. Director of Membership – Karanae Spradlin
a. Went over what we needed for her to work on to help our association work better with the membership at large.
b. Talked about membership management software
6. Director of Public Safety – Janet White
a. National Night Out – huge success. Believe 100 people present (had 75 name badges and ran out!).
7. Director of Historic Preservation – Martin Dahl
a. New guidelines were to be on agenda for city council, but missed this meeting. Formality to be approved.
b. Still needs to get conflict of interest forms signed by committee members.
c. Throwing around the idea of hosting seminars on HP topics (possibly at socials).
8. Director of Administration – Christen White
a. Discussed changing membership dues – will bring up for a vote at next general membership meeting.
i. Family will increase from $20 to $25
ii. Friend of Fairmount will increase from $15 to $20
iii. Business will increase from $20 to $25
Community Garden Report, Denise Meirkle
· Gave update on what had been going on with the leadership.
· Hosting an event at the community garden the Saturday around Halloween – taking donations for dog food
Board will be meeting in November to plan the Christmas Party.
1. Vote on newsletter delivery change
2. Vote on membership dues
3. FWISD presenting
Final general membership meeting of 2013 is the October 22 meeting. The next meeting will be in January.
Meeting adjourned at 8:28 pm.